Crepe-paper streamers are inexpensive party decorations that give big visual impact. With nothing but a roll of streamers, scissors, tape and a handful of thumbtacks, you can turn almost any get-together into a festive gathering. Best of all, streamers are also fairly easy to clean up, and as long as they don’t rip, you can re-use them many times over. Ultimately, decorating with streamers is all about expressing your own creativity in strips of crepe paper.NBA wall decals
Method 1. Criss-Cross
1. Tape, thumbtack or staple one end of a streamer to a corner of the ceiling.
2. Grasp the other end of the streamer and twist gently.
3. Attach the other end of the streamer in the middle of the room, or around a ceiling fixture you’d like to highlight. Leave enough slack in the streamer for it to drape gracefully.
4. Continue attaching streamers in the corners or sides of the room, then gathering them all in the middle.
Method 2. The Curtain
1. Tape floor-length streamers side-by-side to the top of a doorway.iron the transfers
This creates a similar effect to a beaded curtain, and is a great way to set up a surprise party or to partition off certain areas without using a solid barrier.
Method 3. The Drape
1. Cut and drape lengths of streamers across a table so the ends hang down, or around the arms of a chair.
You can let the streamers hang loose, or secure the ends. If you secure the ends, pin or tape the streamer periodically along its length so that it drapes in a series of small, wide “U” shapes.
Method 4. The Wrap
1. Tape one end of a streamer to the end of a stair banister, or one side of the balcony railing.
2. Twist the streamer gently around the banister or railing, until you’ve loosely covered the length of the railing.
Don’t worry about covering the railing or banister entirely; instead, aim for a candy-cane-like “swirl” effect.
Tape the other end in place.
Method 5. The Flutter Effect
Tape streamers so they dangle in front of or near ceiling and window fans. When the fans are turned on, the streamers will flutter in the breeze.
Method 6. The Colorful Twist
1. Take two colors of streamers of choice.
2. Tape one end of each streamer to each other. Don’t tape both ends; just do one end.
3. Start twisting them together,
4. Once done, connect the other end so they don’t un-twist.
5. Hang them anywhere you’d like. For example, drape above a doorway or along the sides of a table.
For an interesting 2-color effect, tape the ends of 2 different-color streamers together. Use them as a single streamer for any of your decorating ideas; as you twist the streamers, they’ll give the impression of alternating colors.
Select a streamer color or colors that match the occasion. For example, if you’re decorating to watch a sports game or celebrate a win, choose your team’s colors; use red, white and blue streamers to decorate for the Fourth of July; orange and black for Halloween; red, green, silver and white for Christmas; and neutral tones for Thanksgiving.
Things You’ll Need